I'VE MOVED!!

I've moved to wordpress:
http://www.hautehome.wordpress.com/

Please click over! You won't be sorry!

INSPIRE ME! Design Panel

Send in pictures of projects or spaces you are having trouble with. They will be posted and reviewed by a panel of Interior Designers from around the US and abroad. Email photos with information about the project to inspire@jaclynehrlich.com

Friday, January 8, 2010

Our dream house


Posted by PicasaThis photo was taken in a chateau we stayed in when we were in the Burgandy region of France. This gorgeous room is the living room. The trompe-l'oeil paintings are outrageous. The painting was done in the 1500s (before wallpaper..). Modern day faux-finish, if you will. Amazing that such detail was desired to enhance a room over 500 years ago. I love imagining that I live here. Lounging in the evening on these luxurious down-filled canapes, I might get up for a moment to stoke the fire or ring the bell (a long string hanging from the ceiling that was built in through the ceiling to the servants chambers) for my maids to bring me a tisane. Every room of this place is absolute magic. My true dream house..

No comments:

Post a Comment